The gym is an awesome place to go, it is fun, feels good and gives us a chance to get into shape. Like most amazing things, there are those who just take it overboard and ruin it for everyone. I will just give a few examples as I am sure there are many that I will miss, because I will run out of space:
1. The “WTF are you doing” Guy: There is always a small amount of people who come to the gym and work out like it 1655. They start doing jumping jacks, jumping off of stairs, use the machines only as a leg stand, and hang dumbbells around their necks while doing the Macarena, because someone before the Industrial revolution used to do it and they got big. They have machines for that now and if thats the route you are going to take, you really don’t need the gym.
2. The “Hey, you are doing it wrong” Guy: You are working out and the skinniest guy at the gym comes up to you and starts to teach you the history and form of the exercise you are doing. “Thanks guy with the same muscle definition as Gumby, but I got it from here, you can just jog on and go bother someone else.”
3. The “Im Buff don’t fit into a normal shirt” Guy: There is always a good 20% of guys who are basically wearing nothing but shirt hanging on by a thread. Are you that keen on showing of your muscles that you need to be completely naked. If you were so fit you wouldn’t need to be shirtless for us to see, maybe work harder we can see those muscles with a shirt on!
4. The “Selfie” Monster: You go to the gym to work out, we see you there, and if we aren’t there we are constantly reminded you are there by the large amount of pictures you post letting us know you are there. Now here is the thing, No one cares, not even one bit, you can take all the pictures you want, but your “transformation tuesday” looks the damn same as it did a week ago. Unless you grew an extra arm or a muscle none of us have ever seen before, please limit yourself. You are at the gym to work out, stop showing off. Let other people tell you that you look nice, don’t beg for it.
5. The “Work in with the Hot girl” Guy: There is always one guy who will follow a girl at the gym and want to “work in” with the girl at the the gym. There are 50 other machines and you where doing chest a second ago, now magically you have to do the hamstring machine with the girl wearing yoga pants? Just…No!
Go to the damn gym, work out, say hello to friends, make some new ones, but don’t be annoying, don’t show off, and please don’t be creepy. The gym is a fun place to let of some steam, so don”t make it an uncomfortable place to be for anyone involved.
Till next time, be safe and keep hating!